The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

A collegue just set up this desk aquarium in an old gas chromatography chamber:

It fits the desk perfectly... hopefully it will eventually house shrimps.

I would like to buy a similar tank. Square front face, but shallow width... chromatography chambers like she used are very expensive though... Anyone know of any tank like this for sale for a reasonable price?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Honestly, I haven't seen anything offered in those dimensions, but I'm not a nano guy so don't read too much into that. Without knowing the dimensions, I think a standard glass or acrylic tank may pose a tipping hazard and manufacturers may not think of it as a good idea. But the thick (at least it appears thicker) glass in that vessel may make those dimensions more stable? Conceptually, I like it though. Great desktop tank dimensions.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
OVT pushed me to think outside the box on this one. A walk through the floral dept. in some of the big hobby stores may yield something too; even Wal-Mart.

I keep potted plants / dish gardens in my barebottom tanks. I started with cheap clay pots. Didn't take long to realize the inverted cone shape made them easy to tip over. I found vases just like the middle picture at WalMart for a few bucks. But yes, that process entailed much wandering around stores staring at glassware.

·
Carpe Diem
7,562 Posts
I got to see truaaqua high clarity tanks yesterday in person for the first time: the quality is better then ADA's, imho.

v3

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I got to see truaaqua high clarity tanks yesterday in person for the first time: the quality is better then ADA's, imho.

v3
That's good to know! I've been on the fence to get one for the desk here at work. The only thing holding me back is the HVAC system in this building. It can be wild at times in terms of temperature.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.