The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Honeycomb Master
6,769 Posts
is it sold at home depot?
Yes it is.
Krylon fusion is definitely your best option. I used the flat black spray to cover DIY PVC filter pipes for my 90G riparium and i haven't noticed any of it coming off or causing any harm to the fish. Make sure you let it dry for at least a few hours, or a whole 24hrs if possible.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread, but can I use Krylon when making a DIY 3D background? It will be a larger area space (color highlights over tinted dryloc) and I didn't know if it was safe only in small amounts...

·
Registered
618 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread, but can I use Krylon when making a DIY 3D background? It will be a larger area space (color highlights over tinted dryloc) and I didn't know if it was safe only in small amounts...
i'd like to know this as well. could i use this stuff over GS foam and then silicone over it? will silicone stick to it?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
While you can paint the PVC pipe, and at this point, since it's already installed, that's likely the best solution, people should keep in mind that gray, black and clear PVC pipe and fittings are available. This may be a better choice that painting the pipe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.