The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I bought a ViaAqua filter used. It works perfectly, and is very quiet. My question is, how are spray bars normally attached? The instructions say to connect the spray bar to the return elbow using a small piece of tubing. The problem is though, the spray bar and the return elbow are different sizes. Any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Hi,

I bought a ViaAqua filter used. It works perfectly, and is very quiet. My question is, how are spray bars normally attached? The instructions say to connect the spray bar to the return elbow using a small piece of tubing. The problem is though, the spray bar and the return elbow are different sizes. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Could you post a pic of the return elbow and spray bar?

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
It looks like this may be a mix of parts from two different filters. Will the spraybar fit over the elbow? If not, you can get a thick walled piece of vinyl hose that will snugly fit over the elbow, then soak the other end in very hot water and quickly push it over the spraybar. I have been able to connect two different size pipes that way. It is easiest if you use a longer piece of hose, and get it on the large diameter pipe first. Then cut it to the length you want and push the other end over the smaller pipe.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yah, it's very strange. The weird part is that the spray bar is the same size and in input hose, and the elbow is the same size as the output.

I will try that though. Thanks Hoppy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.