The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Ehiem 2217 on my 75g. I think there is a little to much water flow coming out of the spray bar. Or at least more than I want. So my thought is to find out what size the holes are and make them a little bigger. Maybe even try every other hole at first.

The problem I have is that a rather nice Hygro difformis is blocking half the tank. So, all the water coming out get funneled to the front of the glass and has a rather strong current.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
White Clouds probably do, But I would like to see them in other parts of the tank. Aside from the small area where the funnel is at.

·
Doesn't like Kool-Aid
10,125 Posts
Opening up the holes in the spray bar will reduce the pressure in the spray bar. The water will flow out instead of spraying out (does that make sense?).

Mike

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
yeah Mike it does...rather then pushing out with pressure as the holes will be a limited diameter, it will merely "spill" out with the larger holes and less pressure.... <hehehe sorry, Mike I had to>

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I drilled out the holes in my XP3 spraybar and it cut down the pressure a little. When I first got it running I was surprised at the pressure comming out, little did I realize that the flow seem to substantially lower over time, so in the end it didnt do any good drilling them a bit bigger in my case, but it didnt really hurt it either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts