The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should've thought of a better title...oh well.
For a low-tech, planted freshwater tank.

I was given a 29-gallon BioCube. No filters or pumps, just the tank and the lid with some lights. It has these 3 back chambers that act as a sump and for filter media, I think.
I was thinking of removing this back part and setting it up like a normal glass tank,
but
if inhabitants would just be a few small starter fish or some neocaridina shrimp,
would I be able to just have different sponge filters in each chamber?
Like, a big one in chamber 1, another big one in chamber 2, and then one that can also act as a pump in chamber 3?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So the one you have does not have the water pump that is supposed to come with it and move water through the chambers?

A sponger filter in the back won't do any good if the water isn't cycling through the chambers.

Oh, no it didn't have that.

That's the flow pump in the bottom image?

If I got a replacement water pump, and capable air pump, how would you feel about the following setup?

Orrrrr, I might go with the submerged pump and block of foam idea. I think they'd serve the same purpose.
I just had a few air-driven sponge filters laying around already.
Thank you for the pump link, @DaveKS!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also, the tank was used, given free off craigslist. I spent some time on youtube looking at setups, but I'm not familiar enough with BioCubes to know how they come out of the box and what people have added after.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts