The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 120 and 55 in close proximity. Currently the co2 is on the 55 dirted tank. Plants are going completely "Seymour" (Little shop of horrors).
I would like to split the co2 feed and service both tanks. I have been seeking the best "splitter" bubble counter available.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I have a 120 and 55 in close proximity. Currently the co2 is on the 55 dirted tank. Plants are going completely "Seymour" (Little shop of horrors).
I would like to split the co2 feed and service both tanks. I have been seeking the best "splitter" bubble counter available.

Suggestions?
To do it right is not as simple as using a "splitter". What you'll want is a manifold and a separate needle valve for each tank. Otherwise there is no way to ensure how much flow you'll get into each tank. The gas tends to take the path of least resistance and even with identical lengths of tubing and identical placement of diffusers at the same depth in each tank you're likely to get wide fluctuations between the two.

I have seen a couple of pre-built manifolds but more often than not these seem to be a diy item. I've put one together that has gone though a few different iterations in the fishroom as seen below. I've also heard of and have contemplated doing something even simpler out of pvc.

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
I tend to like simple stand alone items so use different bubble counters and setup. When running more than one tank off the same CO2 tank, I used tubing , added a tee fitting and then when I reached each stand, I placed the needle valve and then the Fluval bubble counter inline at that tank. Since check valves are something of a constant replacement item, I like to add them close to the tank water itself. With this setup, I can refill the bubble counter easily by just cracking open the top so that air escapes and water flows in from the reactor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.