The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a a spiney eel (m. circumcintus - it's like the peacock eel, but only gets 6in) that I want to put in my 72g Asian loach tank. Can anyone who has experience with spiney eels tell me if this is a good idea, or will he get outcompeted for food? The inhabitants are various botia (striata, kubotai, historanica, dario), sidthumunkis, kuhlis, a sumo, a red tail sand loach, hillstream loaches, a panda garra, a SAE, stiphodon gobies, and harlequin raboras.

I currently have the eel in a quarentine tank by himself, and he seems to be eating well. I have been giving him frozen bloodworms, krill, mysis and live blackworms. I was pretty sure he was eating because he looked fat, but today when I went over there he came part way out of his hidey castle like he was anticipating food, and I saw him gobble both live blackworms and frozen bloodworms almost directly from the turkey baster.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I don't think the eel would have a problem with any of those fish, providing you have sandy substrate for it to burrow in. But it sounds like you have far too many fish in that tank already and the pangios are out of place.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.