The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(Edit: Alright guys thanks for all the support! They're going fast! I only have 3 left:biggrin: so once they sell out I'll be making more! I have 2-Type one and 1-Type two. $16 takes all, $11 for two, $6 for one with shipping, OR $5 per and $1 S&H THANKS!

-Andrew)

Alright everyone, I know this is a bit later than originally planned but I have them for sale! I have two types today for sale:) Both the same price.

Pictures will be added this afternoon. I have a lot of pictures to upload and post for various things.

Type one:

Pure 100% flaky Crunchy Spinach! These where blanched, Then painstakingly slowly laid out over the dehydrator grid things and dried for 2-5 hrs. They need to be weighted down or they will float then eventually sink when they absorb enough liquid back into them. My shrimp LOVE these things.

6 - 1/2 cup portions for sale.

Type Two: This was the first dehydrated batch I've ever made. It is pure spinach but the water that it was blanched in was "garlic water" So there are specs of garlic on this spinach. It also wasn't dehydrated long enough to really get flaky so its more a soft crumble. Shrimp still love it!

5 -1/2 cup portions for sale.

------------------------
Prices:

They will be $6 shipped per for First class mail. If you want it priority shipped it will be $10. If you want more than one or one of each type, I think I can cut down on shipping costs a little bit.

Little Disclaimer.

I have read that feeding spinach as the sole part of a shrimp's diet can cause some minor health issues. So this should only be used as a supplement to the diet fed once or twice each week. I have no proof personally to support this but it was posted by another member of the forum so I'm just putting this out there.

I had a list of people who wanted some and they will have top priority over others. The list is...

1. Hoppy!
2. Burks
3. Neonshrimp
4. Shadow

Thanks everyone for the support. I am on break this week so I'll probably have the dehydrator running with different things in it:) So maybe by the end of the week there will be some other things in the food isle of Swap n' Shop For sale. All the packaging and cooking was done personally by hand by me so I can assure they're some of the best things you can feed your algae loving creatures. ( I haven't tried plecos though...)

-Andrew

Post here and PM me, I will go by the time you posted here for the order of people if these sell out really fast for some reason...

Does anyone have a source for Small plastic containers that are cheap? I think I'm going to want to get some for the next batches.

EDIT: Also feel free to IM me on AIM I'm on too much:hihi:

·
Registered
670 Posts
I'd love to try some-lots of herbivores here:hihi: pm me with your paypal
also :icon_idea for a really small container check with photo lab places- film canisters would make a great container or just sell them in sandwich bags and let the buyer worry about what they are going to put them in.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd love to try some-lots of herbivores here:hihi: pm me with your paypal
also :icon_idea for a really small container check with photo lab places- film canisters would make a great container or just sell them in sandwich bags and let the buyer worry about what they are going to put them in.
Alright I'll pm you it. They're in heavy duty quart freezer bags at the moment.. I'm afraid of it getting too crushed. I don't think the herbivores will care either way but it would be easier to feed...

I think film canisters would be too small... So I'll have to look around.. I have a link bookmarked on the other comp for a person's company that makes small plastic containors :hihi: Just need to find it.

-Andrew

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will be shipping a few out tomorrow PM me if you want some shipped tomorrow!

-Andrew

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All that where bought have been shipped!

Thanks everyone, There is plenty more available!

-Andrew

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just realised I never posted those Pics....

Well here they are!

First is the Flakey type:

And this is the "Crumbles" type... kinda soft, and has some garlic with it.

So There is some pictures to give you an idea. For size references there is a Quarter in most pictures. The measuring cup is a 1/2 cup. And the baggy is a quart baggie.

Sorry I forgot to post them:icon_lol:

-Andrew

·
Registered
670 Posts
Time to start thinking of a brand name:wink: and name each product other than flakey and crumble. Can't wait to get mine.
Thanks fish newb:proud:

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I have a few ideas........

"Dwarf Shrimp Staple"
"Freshwater Invertebrate Diet"
"Andrew's Vegetable Blend"

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Time to start thinking of a brand name:wink: and name each product other than flakey and crumble. Can't wait to get mine.
Thanks fish newb:proud:
LOL I should... You should probably have yours by Tuesday, Hopefully monday since they where shipped out on thursday.

I have a few ideas........

"Dwarf Shrimp Staple"
"Freshwater Invertebrate Diet"
"Andrew's Vegetable Blend"
I'm linking where you're coming from! DSS, Now thats a bit catchey!

Which type would you recommend for my RCS?
Its really a personal preference. I personally like the crumbles a bit more since they tend to sink a bit faster, and they have some garlic that will end up somewhere in your tank for a while before it's eaten which is supposed to be good for your inhabitants. The Flake, is a flake! I think Moss flake feeding Fish will also take it.

Its mostly the same though. They're both either 100% or 99% spinach with a hint of garlic:biggrin:

Oh, they look yummy :D
Ohh believe me, They aren't too bad:hihi:

If I can't eat it, I won't even feed it to my shrimp let alone sell it!
Yeah, I'm crazy.
-Andrew

(Well... I didn't try the shrimp jerky after it hardened... Too hard.:icon_lol: )

·
Registered
889 Posts
Ohh believe me, They aren't too bad:hihi:

If I can't eat it, I won't even feed it to my shrimp let alone sell it!
Yeah, I'm crazy.
-Andrew

(Well... I didn't try the shrimp jerky after it hardened... Too hard.:icon_lol: )
That is interesting ... have you tried everything you feed your shrimp? Fish flakes, algae, micro-organisms,etc.:hihi:

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That is interesting ... have you tried everything you feed your shrimp? Fish flakes, algae, micro-organisms,etc.:hihi:
Yep. The micro organisms are always a mistake though, I usually do tank maintenance then find myself eating something after, W.out washing my hands first... WHOOPS:hihi:

Fish flakes are really bland, I don't recomend living off them. Rain's biscuits are pretty good. A little to gritty for me though...

And You ever see the commercials for the diet pills? With essential vitamins and real algae? Those have BBA in them:tongue:

-Andrew

·
Registered
889 Posts
Yep. The micro organisms are always a mistake though, I usually do tank maintenance then find myself eating something after, W.out washing my hands first... WHOOPS:hihi:

Fish flakes are really bland, I don't recomend living off them. Rain's biscuits are pretty good. A little to gritty for me though...

And You ever see the commercials for the diet pills? With essential vitamins and real algae? Those have BBA in them:tongue:

-Andrew
I don't think I am going to talk with you anymore .......

Just Kidding:icon_lol: Sort of.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't think I am going to talk with you anymore .......

Just Kidding:icon_lol: Sort of.
Curiosity killed the cat... Sooner or later it will kill me. Thats NOTHING compared to some things I've done...:iamwithst (Change the I'm with you're)

-Andrew

1 - 20 of 38 Posts