The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This tank has been running for a good 5 months now. My original OEBT stock came from DK and a few from a local source to liven up the genetic diversity a bit. To make things worse, I tossed in 10 BTOE I got from Nikki up in the mix as well since they ended up all being males anyway (directly from the supplier), just my luck. That was about a month ago and now the tank is teaming with newborn shrimplets. See if you can spot them in this cruddy iPhone video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52ZNNaCFPf8

They're finally starting to multiply like rabbits. That's a good thing right?

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they look awesome brotha!!! its about time you posted a thread about this tank :)
haha thanks bro. As you can see, there's nothing really to be proud of except the shrimp. I had to wait till there was some sort of success first :tongue:. Give me 2 more months and I'll have OEBT/BTOE mixed babies up the Yin Yang.

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AGA 10g
El cheapo sponge filter off Ebay
no heater
no chiller
no CO2
Wallyworld desklamp raised 6" above the rim with 1x26W GE 6500K cfl bulb for lighting
weekly 30% WC with RO water mixed with Mosura Mineral Plus

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dang! you weren't kidding when you told me your OEBT tank was super low maintenance...when I had my OEBT tank running a few months ago I had 2 filters, heater, and co2 running (to keep the pH down) :frown:
You're over thinking it brotha! Simplicity!! ;)

Nice Nick. Breed up those Black Tigers! :)
Let's see if Nikki comes through with a nice BTOE female for me soon :D. Money's already in the bank!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.