·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Update 10/28/12 - Buce update pix and Kota tingii spathe
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showpost.php?p=2059325&postcount=248

Update: 5/25
Can anybody name this crypt sp?

What's up TPT! Since I've been into this hobby, it's been a hellava ride collecting and growing various plants of all species. I know there's so much more I need to collect and grow but so far, these are what I've been growing successfully ATM EMERSED.

Crypt cordata 'rosanervig' - this is the same exact crypt I got from member lookingforroselines. When I got it from him, it exhibited the white veination in the leaves, but as the new leaves grew in, they did not show the same veination. Bummer.

This is the same 'rosanervig' plant but from a different source, grown under the same exact conditions. Notice a difference?

Crypt 'pygmaea'

Crypt 'bullosa' - another all time FAV of mine, but very slow agonizing growth with this one. If anyone else is growing this plant, please share your secret to making it grow "better". :)

Crypt 'retrospiralis'

Crypt 'parva'

Crypt 'keei' Bau - another heavily bullated crypt

Crypt 'nurii' pahang mutated - another FAV of mine. Just look at the beautiful patterns and colors!

Crypt 'kota tinggi' - this crypt looks strikingly similar to nurii mutated but it's a large crypt with much bigger leaves. This one is a baby still. It spits out a gorgeous red spathe every now and then.

Crypt 'ideii' - got this one from another TPT member as a trade a while back.

Crypt 'hudoroi' - probably my FAV crypt. This one just hasn't fully grown yet to show it's full potential.

Anubias nana petite - this is one of those plants that was meant to be grown emersed. I mean, doesn't it look so much more beautiful in this form? The leaves also stay very tiny in size compared to when grown immersed.

Bucephalandra 'kapit 4' - I have no info on this plant other than it's SUPER RARE. :eek5:

Bucephalandra 'green shine' - very beautiful plant this one is. The newer leaves exhibit small amount of reds.

Bucephalandra 'copper gold' - This is a tiny plant. The leaves are smaller than the nana petites shown above. Another lovely buce!

Bucephalandra 'emerald' - Another RARE n beautiful plant!

And last but not least, DOWNOI :icon_cool:thumbsup:

Hope you guys enjoyed the pics. Now to add more tanks so I can collect more plants.

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For crypts, most sp. will melt the old emersed leaves away durring transition. As far as Buces, I have no idea since they're still fairly new to the hobby. Anubia nana petites do not melt during transition. Their leaves will just change shape over time.

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Beautiful plants, Speedie. I've been wanting to try an emersed set up... any pictures of your actual set up? What all do you do to yours etc.. you can PM me if you want! I'm really loving the emersed crypts I've been seeing.
Sorry, the way this tank is positioned on a rack with other tanks, I'm unable to do a FTS. Emersed is rather easy. All you need is a nutrient rich substrate such as AS, cover the tank to keep humidity high, and put it under some light. Let your collectoritis go WILD! :thumbsup:

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys!

This is awesome!
I really like tiny plants espiecally Bucephalandra 'copper gold'

Where did u get all of those rare plants dude?
I have sources :). If you like any of these plants, let me know and I may be able to get them in for you as well.

Do the nana petite grow faster emerse?
Not necessarily. It depends on the tank conditions. I've got it over medium lighting only so it's not growing as fast as how it would in a high tech submersed setup.

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Here it is.

[STRIKE]Hemianthus micranthemoides - I never knew this plant was able to grow emersed. I didn't intend to grow it either. It must have accidently snuck into the tank when I was planting the belem HG. It's actually quite beautiful and grows at a moderate pace. I don't mist this tank at all. Not bad eh?[/STRIKE] **edit** it's bacopa sp. japan

close up shot

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Your plant shots are just as good as your shrimp photos! Maybe even better! Bro you are good.... Btw the crypt Nurii mutated I got from you already has a new leaf on the way!
Glad to hear your Nurii mutated is doing well. I do my best to please those who follow my threads ;) It's hard work sometimes ya know...

1 - 20 of 259 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.