The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you need a special dirty water Pump to deal with a pond?

I have a small pond setup. The water pump died and I noticed there was like some sludge around the magnetic part of the impeller.

The Pump was inside a net design to keep large debris out however smaller particulars can get in.

Do you need some kind of specialized dirty water pump to deal with water like this or more aggressive pre-filtering or perhaps something else?

Please advice on how to fix this? I don't want to have to replace the Pump every few weeks.

Thanks.

· Registered
5,084 Posts
Do you need a special dirty water Pump to deal with a pond?

I have a small pond setup. The water pump died and I noticed there was like some sludge around the magnetic part of the impeller.

The Pump was inside a net design to keep large debris out however smaller particulars can get in.

Do you need some kind of specialized dirty water pump to deal with water like this or more aggressive pre-filtering or perhaps something else?

Please advice on how to fix this? I don't want to have to replace the Pump every few weeks.

Thanks.
Not really no, are you sure its really dead and doesn't just need a good cleaning? Impellers can get clogged but they just need a rinsing to get them running again.

If its really dead you can just buy another pump. If its less then 100 gallons then just buy a cheap small pump. If you are running more then a 100 gallons you may wish to look into a heavier duty pump like a mag pump.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.