The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the last meeting of the Colorado Aquarium Society, a questionnaire was passed out asking what topics the members would like to see for programs. The number one response was "Planted tanks". Ben has arranged to bring in a special speaker just for you!

Our speaker will be Dustin Wunderlich who runs the LARGEST Aquarium YouTube Channel in the United States and the Largest Planted Tank YouTube channel on the Planet. His channel, “Dustin’s Fish Tanks” has over 816 videos, 25,000 subscribers and 6 million views worldwide. Dustin also runs an online aquarium plants shop called Aquatic Jungles and is the author of “Dustin’s Dirted Tank Guide”.​

When: Friday, March 6th, 2015. Doors open at 6:30, meeting starts @ 7:30
Where: First Universalist Church of Denver, 4101 E Hampden Ave, Denver, CO, on the N.E corner of Hampden Ave. and Colorado Boulevard.​

Members, guests and all aquarium fans are welcome. Join us for an evening of Planted and Dirted tanks. We also will have an auction of fish and plants for your enjoyment.​

Upcoming Fishy Events: Mark your calendars so you don't miss out!
  • Colorado Aquarium Society Board of Directors meeting, Friday, Feb 27 at 7:30, Check web page for location
  • Rocky Mt. Cichlid Association, Spring Auction, March 7th
  • Rocky Mountain Cichlid Association Meeting, Sunday March 8, 6:00 P.M. Speaker: To be announced
  • Colorado Aquarium Society, Spring Auction, March 28, 2015 10:00 to 5:00 This is your chance to get some bargains!
  • Rocky Mt Killifish Association Meeting, March 29 at the home of Bob Grauer.
  • Colorado Aquarium Society, Fall Auction, October 17, 2015.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Upcoming Auction onMarch 28th

Remember that the Colorado Aquarium Society Auction will have lots of plants and equipment. Yes, even Killifish. I will be bringing quite a few Killis to the auction as well as many black, platinum and silver Angel Fish. How many pairs of Blue Gularis should I bring? Anyone interested?

·
Registered
55 Posts
So mad I missed this.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Fun yeah very entertaining.

The more people we get involved the more of these kinds of events we can have.
Gary Lange is coming. A little aquascaping contest is coming. Join us and lets make more things like this happen!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I missed due to car trouble - engine was overheating, and had to limp it back home - still mad about it since I was really looking forward. :(

Also - I'm not receiving any emails from CAS and I joined back in Jan. I've also tried contacting through the form on the website a couple times, but I'm guessing those aren't going through either, so I'm mentioning here in order to get in touch with the right folks.
Thanks,
-E

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Fun yeah very entertaining.

The more people we get involved the more of these kinds of events we can have.
Gary Lange is coming. A little aquascaping contest is coming. Join us and lets make more things like this happen!
Ohhhh, I cannot wait! For those who do not know who Gary Lange is, he is well.. the Rainbow fish Guru in the states. He usually brings egg mops to his presentations too!

Don't miss the CAS auction...March 28.

www.coloradoaquarium.org I imagine there are volunteer opportunities still available too. :wink:
Always a good time! I hopefully will make this one. We are moving around that time (still in Colorado, but some place bigger)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts