The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of filling my new Spec V. I see the pump has a variable flow rate. Any recommendation for what to set the flow at? Obviously once the suction cups are stuck to the bottom and the tank is filled, it's not going to be the most convenient to adjust. Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm in the process of filling my new Spec V. I see the pump has a variable flow rate. Any recommendation for what to set the flow at? Obviously once the suction cups are stuck to the bottom and the tank is filled, it's not going to be the most convenient to adjust. Any suggestions? Thanks!
I have mine set to the lowest setting because I use my Spec V as a Betta tank but depending on what you use it for, you could go higher. You could always put an Edge prefilter sponge on the output if you have to (I had to do that for my Betta). I find that the pump is fairly easy to remove for maintenance by giving a gentle tug on the tubing and the cord.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate the input. It just seemed like a very snug fit down in there when empty, and didn't want to have to struggle with it if I didn't have to. Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts