The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all

Just started setting this one up for the kids - the pump seems pretty noisy. I have tried positioning it in all different ways in the pump chamber, keeping it away from the sides. The pump feels like "shaking" when i hold it while running in the tank.

Would you say it's faulty? Or should I accept the humming noise? I can hear it in the next room, but maybe it's just something I have to accept?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Hi all

Just started setting this one up for the kids - the pump seems pretty noisy. I have tried positioning it in all different ways in the pump chamber, keeping it away from the sides. The pump feels like "shaking" when i hold it while running in the tank.

Would you say it's faulty? Or should I accept the humming noise? I can hear it in the next room, but maybe it's just something I have to accept?

Video here - I hope you can hear it: https://photos.app.goo.gl/jAnG1mVMe8hyzXG49

Thanks!
Mine is completely silent when running submerged in the tank. If you can hear yours further away then a single foot I would say its faulty.

·
Registered
118 Posts
See if you can open it up and clean the impeller area. If you got some crap in there it could unbalance it and that will make it noisier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts