The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all

Just started setting this one up for the kids - the pump seems pretty noisy. I have tried positioning it in all different ways in the pump chamber, keeping it away from the sides. The pump feels like "shaking" when i hold it while running in the tank.

Would you say it's faulty? Or should I accept the humming noise? I can hear it in the next room, but maybe it's just something I have to accept?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Hi all

Just started setting this one up for the kids - the pump seems pretty noisy. I have tried positioning it in all different ways in the pump chamber, keeping it away from the sides. The pump feels like "shaking" when i hold it while running in the tank.

Would you say it's faulty? Or should I accept the humming noise? I can hear it in the next room, but maybe it's just something I have to accept?

Video here - I hope you can hear it: https://photos.app.goo.gl/jAnG1mVMe8hyzXG49

Thanks!
Mine is completely silent when running submerged in the tank. If you can hear yours further away then a single foot I would say its faulty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.