The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have one on mine and 100% or 24/7 mode is too much. For low tech, I honestly wouldn't go past 50% or so, maybe less. I have CO2 on mine and I still only run it at 50%.
Thanks, I worried about that. Was also looking at the clip-on planted+ but its lack of adjustment worried me. I'd like to grow some swords and such and want moderate light.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks, I worried about that. Was also looking at the clip-on planted+ but its lack of adjustment worried me. I'd like to grow some swords and such and want moderate light.
I wouldn't advise against the light, as I really like it and the fact that I actually have the ability to adjust it, but the main feature is its downfall on shallow tanks :(.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Current USA Satellite LED+ works great on that tank. I have it on my Spec V and I use Excel. HC, buces, AR mini, and Hygrophila 'araguaia' all growing very well. I get some hair algae, but nothing major.
Hrm, I'm not familiar with the brand, I'll take a look. LEDs have come so far (and gone so low) in the four years I have been out of the hobby. Thanks for the recommendation!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Current USA Satellite LED+ works great on that tank. I have it on my Spec V and I use Excel. HC, buces, AR mini, and Hygrophila 'araguaia' all growing very well. I get some hair algae, but nothing major.
Looking at PAR values online, that still gives in the low part of medium light, I'm trying to grow micro swords, do you get good growth?

Anyone running a Finnex FugeRay Planted+ Clip Light on a Spec V?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Looking at PAR values, that still gives in the low part of medium light, I'm trying to grow micro swords, do you get god growth?
Yes. Check out the Spec V in my signature. Same tank, with that light and Excel, I'm growing a great HC carpet, and very healthy looking AR mini, Hygrophila 'araguaia', and buces. I can't speak to how much light is necessary for micro swords, but probably not more than an HC carpet.

The photos in that thread are a few weeks old -- it's looking even better today. I'll try to get more photos up soon.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes. Check out the Spec V in my signature. Same tank, with that light and Excel, I'm growing a great HC carpet, and very healthy looking AR mini, Hygrophila 'araguaia', and buces. I can't speak to how much light is necessary for micro swords, but probably not more than an HC carpet.

The photos in that thread are a few weeks old -- it's looking even better today. I'll try to get more photos up soon.
Oh god, yeah, that tank is spectacular. Man, after seeing your tank I spent an hour looking through lace rock at the LFS yesterday trying to find any pieces as good as yours and there was nothing that nice.

I'm sure Micro Swords will do fine in anything growing HC. Thanks!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Oh god, yeah, that tank is spectacular. Man, after seeing your tank I spent an hour looking through lace rock at the LFS yesterday trying to find any pieces as good as yours and there was nothing that nice.

I'm sure Micro Swords will do fine in anything growing HC. Thanks!
The rock is seiryu stone from mrbluepanda on this forum. You get exactly what's in the photos, and the smaller lots aren't too pricey. Worth a look if you're still trying to find hardscape.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.