The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to see my Pearl Gouramis spawning a while ago. Pretty cool! Pearl, the female released quite a few eggs. Thought about trying to get a pic, but I didn't want to disturb them, and since I'm letting a GDA outbreak grow out, they wouldn't have been very good pictures in any case. Don't expect anything to come of it of course, in a community tank, but spawning behavior is always welcome as a sign that the overall health of the tank is good.

I guess they're happy :biggrin: .

·
Registered
773 Posts
I saw a huge, overcrowded fish tank of them at Petco... Sat there for 15 minutes lusting over them... then finally moved on because there is just no more room in the current tanks and the husband is adamant on no more fish tanks.
There really should be a Fishtankmas, where Saint Fishtank comes, clears a perfect spot in your house and deposits a perfectly sized cycled fishtank for you.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I seem to have a knack for spawning fish that I have no intention of actually getting to spawn. I'm sure if I tried to get them to spawn it'd be a miserable failure :icon_lol: .

He's chasing off anyone that gets near that nest or section of the tank. I tried to get a photo, but no go. There's simply too much green dust algae on the glass, not to mention some quite overgrown plants that are blocking the view in the corner he's chosen .

·
Registered
888 Posts
Yeah, I seem to have a knack for spawning fish that I have no intention of actually getting to spawn. I'm sure if I tried to get them to spawn it'd be a miserable failure :icon_lol: .
How true.:hihi: I had praecox rainbows, pencils and penguin tetras spawned in my community last year.:biggrin: No intention of breeding them at all.:icon_lol: And if I try to, I'll fail anyway.:angryfire The praecox is easy to breed anyway but pencils and penguins? 'Tis beyond me.:rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts