The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday I pulled everything out of my 37g and netted out all my endlers. I wanted to concentrate more on breeding thè Cory sterbai that are in the tank. Well the sterbai must have loved it. Yesterday morning I watched 2 of them doing a little mating dance and lay a couple eggs. I went to work and came home. There are over 100 eggs in the tank. They're on the glass, on the driftwood and all over the plants. Apparently the assassin snails wanted to get in on it too. The sponge filter is covered with their eggs. And of course I don't have a fry tank set up at the moment. We will just have to see what the natural survival rate is.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Congrats

Its so nice of them to start mating without you having to workout the water chem :)

I want to do the same with a 10g with 7 C. habrosus

I hope to have some of your luck!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I did a 50% water change after I got all the endlers out and I always refill it with cooler water. I did notice some black worms came out of the sand after I rearranged everything. Maybe it was just dumb luck between the worm feast and the cool water that set them off. I'll try that again in about 6 weeks if they don't spawn again and that will determine the trigger.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really need to start one. The last batch about 6 weeks ago I had roughly 20 eggs that made it into the breeder box and about half hatched. Of those only 5 survived. Hopefully the odds are better this time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.