The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting some Sparkling Gouramis for my 10 gallon. So far there is no fauna in it. If I were to do them, how many could happily live in a 10 gallon? Any other tank mates you would recommend to go with them? Thanks!

·
Registered
521 Posts
I would only go with three. They tend to like groups of three and if you are going to stock other tank mates that will leave you a bit of room for them. I have three in with Cardinals, Pristella tetras and Bolivian Rams.

·
Carpe Diem
7,566 Posts
Depends.
No plants: 1M + 2F
Lots of plants (including surface cover): 6 to ~10 will do fine.

via Droid DNA Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the only supplier I could find sold out :( I did find some Ember Tetras for the 10 though. I may put just one in with the Embers for a centerpiece fish if I can find one.

I have also an empty 8 gallon I am trying to decide what to do with (ie sell and get a 20 or rescape it) so I may still get some for that when I can. I didn't realize they would be so hard to find here in PA!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
maybe just a dwarf gourami then, Sparkling gourami's do really prefer trios, I do highly recommend the Ember Tetras, Great little fish, as well as Chili Rasboras. You could always post a WTB in the RAOK and WTB section of the forums, someone probably has a trio they are willing to sell and ship

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.