The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bunch of these now! (rubs little hands together in joy)
I don't know how close to plant them, though. I have dirt tanks, and I don't want to be messing with moving plants around later. Low tech/low light. A few that I planted last week never melted, and they have produced up to 3 new leaves already. (so has the red lotus!) I planted the crypts about 1 - 2" apart. Five in a cluster in a corner of a 29, and three in a cluster in the corner of another 29. Do they spread by runners?
Also, most of the remaining plants will be going into two 55g tanks I won't be getting set up for perhaps a month. I put them in my 40, just floating, as a holding tank. Will they be ok like that? I know they might melt, but will they do ok if not rooted?
Thanks!
Cindy
PS - I also have some hygro pinnatifida that I haven't planted yet, saving it for the 55s. They are floating loose in the 40b too. Is that ok?
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Wendtii can run but usually just sets new crowns right next to the mama plant for a while. It is 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other what works best. They get big but it takes time.

When I let plants float they curl to one side or the other. Could you weigh them down temporarily by tying to a pebble or something?

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks - I wouldn't mind them at 1", I just didn't know if they thickened up at the base or what. Sometimes in pics of people's tanks I get the crypts and the java fern mixed up, and I see a lot of dense java fern! lol
Thank you all!
Cindy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.