The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
Rank Amateur
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

The South Florida Aquatic Plant Club is holding a meeting in the "sort of south" florida area of Palm Beach. Here's a screencap from the facebook post. There's a facebook group too, if you'd like to join!

More info at:

https://www.facebook.com/events/2520427821513090/

Club is starting out and would love to see new members! :smile2:

·
snails are your friend
3,010 Posts
That's a drag. I was blown away to see that the NBA season was cancelled last night. Social distancing would seem prudent right now though.

·
Premium Member
Rank Amateur
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi @gringostar9,

In Boca, Barrier Reef has a few things, not sure about Predatory Fins. Further south, by sunrise, there's Aquarium Show.

But if you truly want the best/rare plants, its either here on this forum in the for sale subforum or in the facebook auction groups "H&V Aquatics Marketplace" or "Planted Tank Quick Auctions"

I suppose it's true of rare fish too I hear.

If we weren't all stuck distancing, we'd probably be more active with the aforementioned South Florida Aquatic Plant Club too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That sucks. I'm in the WPB area also, and have been trying to find info on any local clubs. All I kept seeing were reef/marine clubs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I'm in the Boca, Palm Beach area. Any local store suggestions?

As above, Barrier Reef in Boca. Mark's Ark in Lake Worth.

If you're okay with traveling:

South - Aquarium Show in Sunrise. There's Exotic Aquatic and Aquarium Kingdom on Oakland Park Blvd in Fort Lauderdale.

North - Aquatic n' Exotic in Stuart.

·
Registered
22 Posts
As above, Barrier Reef in Boca. Mark's Ark in Lake Worth.

If you're okay with traveling:

South - Aquarium Show in Sunrise. There's Exotic Aquatic and Aquarium Kingdom on Oakland Park Blvd in Fort Lauderdale.

North - Aquatic n' Exotic in Stuart.
Mark's Ark is the best fish store close to me. I go there a few times a month.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mark's Ark is the best fish store close to me. I go there a few times a month.
I was in Marks Ark yesterday and was very disappointed. Several of their tanks had ich and several others had dead fish laying around. Not what Im used to at Marks. Barrier Reef is also on the wane due to major remodeling.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah, been in there a time or two where a couple of the tanks had some ich, but it is still the only decent fish store that is close to me.
They do get in a good variety of fish. If I didn't have them I'd be limited to Petco, Petsmart, & Pet Supermarket.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts