The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a good online place to buy equipment needed to trim and sheer plants? What all should I look at buying and where can I get it?

Edit: Awesome. I spelled scissors wrong... what an idiot ;).

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
My wife wanted to give me something aquarium related for Christmas so I suggested a set of long scissors and tweezers. I also suggested Borneo Wild from Greenleaf but the curved scissors are out of stock until the new year so I now have DoAqua! scissors and tweezers under the tree. I happened to be the only one at home when they were delivered. ;) So two more days and I'll finally be able to lay hands and eyes on them.

·
GEEK
664 Posts
I use a $5 curved-tip mustache trimming scissors from Target and a set of surgical adson thumb forceps for planting - perfect for glosso, etc. I don't use long-handled tools because I don't mind getting my hands wet. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi,
My fish tanks are 24 inches deep, and are surrounded by white Berber carpet. So without putting down the absorbent mats down, I can fix minor scaping issues with the 2 ft. lonq scissors, and thongs.

Ofcourse, on major scapes I use the smaller scissors, tongs and tweezers.

All 5 pairs of scissors, I got from F&S years ago, and never have had to do any maintenance on them, nor had any issues with them.(Good quality stainless steel)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.