The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Would like to know few things for a beginner... I have a 3gallon small planted tank wine glass and in that (becoz i didnt knew a lot about it) i placed the most bottom layer with Not for plants Fancy green sand (becoz it was looking better) than about 2 inch i used Substrate soil and than planted some plants and than on top of it again i used 0.5 inch Fancy green sand..is it ok? Though i regret to use it becoz i wasnt having much substrate at that momment.. Now i have bought enough substrate becoz i thought plants can die.. so what should i do now? Becoz removing and setting everything up again aint possible .. can i put 1inch layer of Substrate soil on top of fancy green sand ? Or should i remove just the top layer of fancy green sand and use substrate ? Will the last bottom layer of fancy green sand which I told u in starting will cause any trouble? Plz help

·
Registered
349 Posts
Root tabs really help stem plants with inert substrate. Ferts in water colums don't hurt, but stems typically take more nutrients from thier roots than java fern or anubias.

Reactions: Plinkploop
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.