The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the time is near,i have ordered and payed for 6 beautiful discus from Chicago Discus and will pick them up on Sunday afternoon.My daughter and son in law are driving and we will visit the Shedds aquarium first than pick up the fish.Can't say enough about Miranda and Josse they both have been great.the tank is now cycled and ph is about 7.4 which will make acclimation easier.Will post pics mon or tue. i feel like a new dad...

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrat's.
A few drops of prime in acclimation bucket/tub, and maybe withhold food for a day at least.
Just a tip.
I am use to doing the drip acclimation or at least floating the bag and adding small amounts of water over the course of about an hour but Maranda from Chicago discus suggests that if my ph is close to theirs {less than a point off}than all that is needed is to float the bag for 20 minutes than add fish to the tank.Your opinions please

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
I am use to doing the drip acclimation or at least floating the bag and adding small amounts of water over the course of about an hour but Maranda from Chicago discus suggests that if my ph is close to theirs {less than a point off}than all that is needed is to float the bag for 20 minutes than add fish to the tank.Your opinions please

Miranda's advice is right on. It's called simply 'plop & drop'. Just needs a few minutes for temp in bag to equalize with, or be near to, tank temp - (don't open the bag(s) yet, while floating them - wait till you're ready to place them into your tank - 10 minutes is all that's needed to get temp as close as you need it ) - then simply open each bag, plop the fish into a net held over a bucket, and then drop the fish from the net into your tank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.