The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my sons 12 gallon nano cube. The plants have really taken off. Thought I'd show a before trim picture. It's a jungle in there. He's only three, so I'm the care taker of it, but all the kids love it. It's pretty low maintence.

His room has a kind of tropical/tiki themed room with organic green walls and leaf murals and bamboo accents. So this green box looks great in there.

·
Registered
286 Posts
danio choprae! i've never seen anyone else with them. awesome fish. you can see mine in the nano section under 'my 2.5 nano build up'

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the nice responses.

Lighting: 2x24 watts compact flour. One bulb is 5700k and one is 10,000k bulbs.
Red Sea Co2 with a little glass nano diffuser(use red star champagne yeast - much betta than the bakers yeast)
Substrate: Flourite

Background Plants are:
Rotala Indica
Hemianthus micranthemoides (from jentheplantgeek, thanks)
Middle foreground:
Microsorum pteropus tropica
Cryptocoryne bronze wendtii
Hottonia Palustris

Can't see some plants:
Hair Grass
Red tiger lotus

Fish:
8-10 Danio Choprai
1 - Rainbow furcata
2 Glowlight Tetras
5 Amano Shrimp
4 Cherry Shrimp

I do have some wood that the java ferns are attached too. These are pretty plain pieces I picked up from a local creek and attached slate too. Still looking for a more decorative piece of wood with some curves.

Change 50% water every couple weeks.

Very light ferts. I dose a little on water changes. Maybe 1/4 teaspoon of KNO3 and 1/16th teaspoon of KH2PO4. Don't have any traces that I add.

It's been setup for about four months. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Ciao

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
You're one of the only other people I've known to keep Danio Choprai - I have 5 in my 110 and I love them! I've never seen a more hyperactive fish, they are constantly zooming around. Impossible to photograph!

Your nano tank is lovely, and your son is lucky to have it in his bedroom!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts