The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 koi angels, 2 of them look great but one doesn't. It's fins have tiny little white bumps all over them and it's fins look smaller and all raggid. Its on the top, bottom and tail fins, the "arm" fins are fine. My tank is at 80 degrees, the ph is 7 and the kh is 4. I'm not sure about the nitrates/nitritres but I had those tested at the pet store recently and they said they were fine. I tried to take a picture but the angel wouldn't sit still long enough for me to take one. None of my other fish have this, any ideas?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Its fungus. I use melafix or pimafix. Cant remember which one is for fungus. It works great and is all natural so it wont hurt anything else in your tank. Try that first.

·
Registered
12,412 Posts
That would fit the classic decription of ich. While it is often good to have a QT tank for sick fish, this my not be the time. I sense that this is the first time to find ich?? It will take some hard study to get the right process going but it is really good to start ASAP. I do not recommend medicine as they often have problems with them. I use the heat and salt method.

Before assuming it is ich, pick a specific spot where you can see the white spot clearly and check it again later. If they spots are moving and changing , only to reappear in another spot, it is ich. In bad cases, it can look almost like they are changing sweaters, the ich moves and changes so fast.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts