The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what happened to it. I'm thinking it might of swiped against the heater and it got burnt. :icon_neut

·
Registered
234 Posts
usually fish dont sit up against the heater long enough for that to happen. if youre worried about it by a heater gard.

looks like an cut to me , like he hit some abrasive rocks , what kind of rocks do you have in there?

you better throw some meds in there , that baby is probably gonna fungus :(

jordan

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
usually fish dont sit up against the heater long enough for that to happen. if youre worried about it by a heater gard.

looks like an cut to me , like he hit some abrasive rocks , what kind of rocks do you have in there?

you better throw some meds in there , that baby is probably gonna fungus :(

jordan
I think it might of scratched it self on a rock cave that I have in the tank.

·
Registered
234 Posts
yup if you have rock and it got spooked and there was a collision i could almost garuntee you thats what happend. i also ruled out the heater because he has marks going horizontally. i know he wouldnt have been dumb enough you brand its self twice and once head standed or tail standed haha

good luck

jordan

·
Registered
888 Posts
joejoeg said:
you better throw some meds in there , that baby is probably gonna fungus
To say 'throw' is an overstatement.:eek: Salt should do its job to relieve the fish from its injury.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
It does look like it scraped itself on something, not a heater burn If you keep the water clean, it should heal itself without the meds. Otherwise, you can treat with Melafix if you like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts