The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a regulator with solenoid (bit old may be 4-5 years old). my problem is bubbles are not constant I need to make 3-4 adjustments daily to get correct bubble rate. and those adjustments are time consuming, I really don't have that much time daily. I don't do any adjustments while turning off in evening but when I turn On again in the morning no bubbles appear even after waiting for a while. I need to turn the knob again slightly then too much bubble appear slowly it reduces and stops after 30 mins. but sometimes when it will be 1BPS then after 30Mins it would become 7-8bps. when i come back home all my neon tetras were at surface struggling to get oxygen. I don't know what is the problem in setup whether it is the diffuser or regulator. I am not happy with my Diffuser so I have ordered new one already with bubble counter and check valve (good quality) currently I have poor diffuser. So please help me to find the problem in my setup. there are two knobs in regulator one is on bottom right corner (black) and another knob which doesn't change anythig in bubble count is at left (steel one near blue). MY TANK is of 30G heavily planted with 11 neon tetra and 2 guppies.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is the psi you have your regulator at when this happens ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Inlet pessure slightly above 1000 PSI ia m using 2kg cylinder ....Outlet pressure is is zero always actually, I bought the setup about 3 weeks ago. that is YAMATO regulator actually. Please fell free to ask if you need anymore information.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same regulator. Have u checked for leakages in the output. I suspect if the output pressure is dropping there should be some leakage somewhere. Try using foam soap and put all over the output side and return valve and see if u see any leakage.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the same regulator. Have u checked for leakages in the output. I suspect if the output pressure is dropping there should be some leakage somewhere. Try using foam soap and put all over the output side and return valve and see if u see any leakage.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
Thank you for your reply, I think I'll have to do soap water test then.

·
Registered
267 Posts
It looks like you have a solenoid valve between the regulator outlet and the needle valve. If so, I would think you should have some sort of pressure showing on the left (outlet) gauge when the solenoid is closed.
I had trouble with the needle valve being too close to the solenoid. I believe that on my set up the needle valve would get warm when the solenoid energized causing it to swell, stopping the flow of the gas.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My Inlet pessure slightly above 1000 PSI ia m using 2kg cylinder ....Outlet pressure is is zero always actually, I bought the setup about 3 weeks ago. that is YAMATO regulator actually. Please fell free to ask if you need anymore information.

You will need to put some pressure on that. I have one that is similar to yours and I have it at 15-20 psi. Possibly that's why the fluctuation on bubbles per second

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
510 Posts
There should be a place on your regulator to adjust the pressure on the left gauge. On both of mine, it's on the front of the regulator. I also have that needle valve and it's not that reliable. But for $10 for 2 it's a bargain.
That being said I still believe your problem is in the reg itself.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.