The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My regulator has been working perfect since i got it about six months ago. a couple of days ago i noticed the pressure gauge on the right side is at 0 now and the output pressure gauge dipped a little bit from the recommended 30-50 and the co2 flow slowed a lot. It is below 10 now. Is there anything i should be doing? My diffuser is clean and clear by the way. Thanks in advance. Should i take it off the tank and reattach? Anything i need to do before or while im doing that? I really dont want to mess up my regulator...

·
Registered
379 Posts
My regulator has been working perfect since i got it about six months ago. a couple of days ago i noticed the pressure gauge on the right side is at 0 now and the output pressure gauge dipped a little bit from the recommended 30-50 and the co2 flow slowed a lot. It is below 10 now. Is there anything i should be doing? My diffuser is clean and clear by the way. Thanks in advance. Should i take it off the tank and reattach? Anything i need to do before or while im doing that? I really dont want to mess up my regulator...cost me close to 300 for it. Someone please help
Have you used soapy water to check for leaks? Sometimes check valves go unexpededly...

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
My regulator has been working perfect since i got it about six months ago. a couple of days ago i noticed the pressure gauge on the right side is at 0 now and the output pressure gauge dipped a little bit from the recommended 30-50 and the co2 flow slowed a lot. It is below 10 now. Is there anything i should be doing? My diffuser is clean and clear by the way. Thanks in advance. Should i take it off the tank and reattach? Anything i need to do before or while im doing that? I really dont want to mess up my regulator...cost me close to 300 for it. Someone please help
You sure the cylinder isn't out of CO2?

Sounds like you just ran out of gas! This could simply mean everything is working perfectly fine and you just weren't paying enough attention to the gauges; OR you have a leak somewhere and the lost the co2 much faster than you should have.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was positive there was still gas in the tank when i lifted it up briefly to check. Then i disconnected the tubing and lifted it out of the cabinet and sure enough it was empty. Lol i'm such a noob. Thanks everyone who responded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.