The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First anybody got some of that grass looking stough that grows on the bottom that you would be willing to give away?? (srry i'm a newb :0) also i just got a 55g tank with 2 ropefish or reedfish so since i got those i was thinking agressive now and i don't know any good fish that would go good with them i was thinking catfish and my LPS said that with the ropes that i could get a couple tetras because they said as long as there well fed them eating the tetras won't be a problem?? but all i need to know is some good fish to put in my tank and some good plants that will make it look good?? THANKZ:smile::icon_smil:icon_smil:icon_smil:icon_smil

·
Super Moderator
12,014 Posts
What kind of lighting do you have over your 55g tank? If you only have the stock light, it may not be possible to grow a wide variety of plants (i.e. your plant choices will be limited).

For RAOK (random acts of kindness, read: free things) check the Swap and Shop forums.

·
Registered
567 Posts
You have quite a few options for plants and fish.

What sort of substrate (gravel/sand/etc) are you using?
What kind of light do you have?
Do you want to do CO2? If so, are you going DIY or pressurized?
Do you want to use fertilizers?
Do you want a low-maintenance, easy tank, or something that takes more work (and money)?

I don't know much about the ropefish, so I don't know what would go well with them, but definitely not small fish if they are predatory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts