The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't sure what specific forum this would belong to so I decided to post it here. Sorry if it's misplaced!

So instead of planting my 29 gallon I decided I'd start out with my 10 gallon first, since I already have the stuff for it and won't need to buy any extras :)

I have a two-bulb (screw in bulbs) hood with two CFLs in it at the moment. One is an aquarium bulb (6500k and 10w) and one is a household daylight CFL (5000k I believe and 13w). Both are screwed in horizontally about 3-4 inches away from the surface of the water. Maybe a little less than that. I am also using gravel as the bottom layer then topped with about an 3/4 inch of sand.

Is the 5000k 13w bulb any good for most aquarium plants?

Also I have flourish root tabs and flourish excel liquid CO2. Right now I only have anacharis in the tank. Do I need root tabs or the liquid CO2 to grow these?

Also I've looked everywhere and have NO idea how to put in the liquid CO2 nor how much to use. I assume I just pour it in?

Here are some pictures of my setup in case anyone is interested! I have some guppies, an assassin snail and a zebra nerite snail. The anacharis is kind of random lengths because some of the pieces broke in half for some reason :p Also I know there's several juvi guppies in there but I plan to keep only a few of them; the babies I did not plan on.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Your album (photo) is password protected.
Those bulbs are good for a 10 gal.
Yes for the liquid CO2, just pour it in per the manufacturers instructions. I can't see how densely your tank is planted. If it's sparse, dose less.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
I think Anacharis is the one that melts with liquid CO2. Better google or search here about that. If it is okay then follow the instructions on the bottle. It won't get much from root tabs as it doesn't have much in the way of roots! Get a bottle of the common stuff sold as aquatic plant food, that has potassium and micro nutrients in it.

We cannot see your photos as the album is private. You can copy the IMG code and paste here and we can see the photos.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.