The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For example i set up my tank using ADA Aquasoil and its been running for almost 5 months then im using step 2 ferts on it, what if i rescape the tank do i need to start again with Step 1???

Im thinking of using ADA Ferts like Step 1 -3 and Brighty K, is this fine even i just use Aquasoil and i didn't use any Tourmaline, powersand etc...

My tank now is running for almost 2 months, i just dose Seachem flourish and K on it, and im planning to use ADA ferts so whats should i buy the step 2 or step 1?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
hey coop - i'm no pro, but from what i understand step one has an enzyme in it that promotes root growth. if this is true and not marketing bs, then step one should always be used when re-planting. step 2 departs mainly from step one by adding iron, but i like to use eca for iron instead. why do i spell out the number one but type the number 2? i have no idea. i digress. i'm dosing step 1, brighty k, and eca on newly planted stems in three year old eco complete, and everything is growing like crazy. so i dunno. i have step 2 waiting in the wings, so we'll see what happens... call the guy from aquarium design group if you have questions, he's super nice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.