The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello shrimps fans,

Here's some of my shrimps. They were born for a while, still in excellent condition.

Hope you like it! :wink:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! appreciate it! :smile:
It tooks me time and effort to achieve them, especially the Red Hino and Xtreme KK... All were born in my tanks. At the end of the day, I'm happy with the result.

@Whiskey:
To be able to get good depth of field, you need good light and how you position at your subject. I shot all in manual mode, aperture was around f8-f11 at low Iso.

Sometimes shrimps also need some direction (posing) just like shooting people portraits :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
What lens were you using?

It tooks me time and effort to achieve them, especially the Red Hino and Xtreme KK... All were born in my tanks. At the end of the day, I'm happy with the result.

@Whiskey:
To be able to get good depth of field, you need good light and how you position at your subject. I shot all in manual mode, aperture was around f8-f11 at low Iso.

Sometimes shrimps also need some direction (posing) just like shooting people portraits :)

·
Registered
597 Posts

@Whiskey:

How do you light your subject? Do you use bright constant lighting? Or a flash?

Thank you!
Whiskey

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I personaly experiment both lighting types (constant and flash). However I found flash working better for what I wanted to achieve. In my case I found constant light didn't have enough power therefore I had to shoot wide open in order to get good result...

You can always experiment it and find out which fit better for ya... :)

How do you light your subject? Do you use bright constant lighting? Or a flash?

Thank you!
Whiskey

·
Registered
597 Posts
I personaly experiment both lighting types (constant and flash). However I found flash working better for what I wanted to achieve. In my case I found constant light didn't have enough power therefore I had to shoot wide open in order to get good result...

You can always experiment it and find out which fit better for ya... :)
I have the same experience with constant light, it's why I was asking in fact. I have not tried flash yet because I don't have a good off camera flash. The DOF while shooting this close up at 2.8 is so short the legs are out of focus - cool effect, but not always what I want :)

Thank you!
Whiskey

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes it's a nice as artistic feel :)
But at f2.8 you won't get sharp image all around the edge for sure.

Just look around, you can get some affordable flash wireless trigger...

I have the same experience with constant light, it's why I was asking in fact. I have not tried flash yet because I don't have a good off camera flash. The DOF while shooting this close up at 2.8 is so short the legs are out of focus - cool effect, but not always what I want :)

Thank you!
Whiskey

1 - 16 of 16 Posts