The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some ideas on moving some things around in the tank to give it a little more peaceful/oriental look. I will also be adding a buddha to the tank as well.
It's a little all over the place right now. I am also thinking of adding a little bamboo to the tank as well.... Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
Move the white feature rock away from the center. Don't spread the plants so uniformly. I'm no artist, but I found that those two improve most of my aquascapes.

Bamboo isn't an aquatic plant, but it will grow for several months sometimes. I wouldn't use it myself, and I wouldn't use a buddha. Arranging the substrate to simulate a stream bed might add something.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Move the white feature rock away from the center. Don't spread the plants so uniformly. I'm no artist, but I found that those two improve most of my aquascapes.

Bamboo isn't an aquatic plant, but it will grow for several months sometimes. I wouldn't use it myself, and I wouldn't use a buddha. Arranging the substrate to simulate a stream bed might add something.
Do you have any example on what you mean by, "Arranging the substrate to simulate a stream bed"?

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
Look at photos of aquascaping contest winners and you find a lot of "stream bed" aquascapes. Some use different color substrate, but that is hard to keep looking good. Others use different particle size substrates, small pebbles, etc. to simulate a stream bed. I'm not into aquascape design so I haven't tried to do it myself, but I do enjoy seeing that type of substrate.

Most, if not all stream bed designs have the stream vanishing in the distance (curling back behind a hill, narrowing rapidly towards the back, etc.).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.