The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im pretty new to this whole planted tank thing...and loving it...started around August of this year...and have learned so much along the way

anywhoooz

I was just curious...what is the significance of pearling? I started with a 10 gallon as my experimental tank...and dont really understand the importance or significance of it. Ive had plants grow and thrive that never pearled at all...and then I had some that pearled like crazy while slowly melting away...so whats the point of it all besides looking cool?

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
Pearling is not that crucial.

As you know, plants expire O2 when the lights are on, due to photosynthesis. When there are a lot of lights, CO2, and nutrients, the O2 production is in overdrive. So, there's an oversaturation of O2 building up on the leaves and such.

You better make sure you provide enough CO2 and nutrients or you'll see plants melting like you have.

An easy solution is to lower your lights but there won't be significant pearling.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.