The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pictures me and my other half have taken.

I was born and raised in Alaska. So to see a moose chilling on the side of a road in downtown Anchorage is nothing. Bald Eagles are like gulls, bears and foxes are regular backyard visitors. I actually raised an abandoned fox kit once.

Anyway, I thought some of you might enjoy these.

On the way to Lake Louise

Right outside my favorite town in Alaska.

Mama Black Bear (the red is our vehicle)

And her babies

Me taking pics of a local Red Fox

Dalls Porpise off the front of our 18ft boat in Seward, playing with us

Playing with Wolves at a rescue/breeders

Coyote in Seward

Hunting for Fossils in Sutton

The Girdwood Gorge

Mama and baby Moose

Swimming Bear

Whittier

And the fox kit I raised, Jasmine.

I tried not too post too many! I hope you enjoy!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Beautiful pictures. Make me want to go there sometimes. I always thought of Alaska as a very cold place, but your pictures made it a little bit warmer to me:) That little fox is cute as well. Will you let it go when it'll grow up or it can be keep as petfox:)?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, depending on where you live, it gets decently warm in the summer, mid 70's is a "hot" day. It was -2 Friday but warmed back up to about 25 today. The cool thing is, in the summer, it stays light from 4AM until 11PM, and even then never gets all the way dark. But in the summer, the sun won't come up until 10AM, and goes down at 4PM, so that sucks.

Camera was a Canon XSi with a 55-250mm IS lens.

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
Yeah, my dad used to do that. Makes BUKU bucks though =D
He's an operator now, so he's doing really well, not much other work $ wise up there so the best option, well fishing, but we can see how that is:thumbsdow
Lots of risk with lots of $(maybe).

Good fox pics!

I think folks down here do not understand why folks have and own guns, snowmachines, 4wd, dirt bikes, hunt, fish ....... just part of living where life is still strong and people are few. Not much use for that living in Sacramento, but in many places there?

About all I'd do living there, photo's of course, mountineering, maybe eco tours if my son works towards that direction evntually:thumbsup:

Nice to see you are not shooting the wolves and other so called vermin by some folk's standards. That's one lucky fox.

Regards,
Tom Barr

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
Wow what awesome pictures!

One day I'm going to come for a long visit. Will be during the summer, though- because Tampa, FL is too cold for me! :icon_lol:

How close were you to that fox (not the one you raised)?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ohh I guess she got up to about 6 feet away a couple times. She was looking for food.

Hell no I don't shoot them. My boyfriend hunts caribou for the meat, but nothing else. Killing a bear or a fox is just stupid and people only do it for the fur or to say they did. It's such a huge waste of life.

*rant over*

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.