The Planted Tank Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
I don’t have any carpeting plants in that tank. They do root around a bit but at their size I don’t think they would do any real damage to a carpet unless it’s freshly planted. The Pygmy’s don’t stay on the bottom too much though. The habrosas are a bit larger and I think they do stick to the bottom so your experience is likely to differ.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I don’t have any carpeting plants in that tank. They do root around a bit but at their size I don’t think they would do any real damage to a carpet unless it’s freshly planted. The Pygmy’s don’t stay on the bottom too much though. The habrosas are a bit larger and I think they do stick to the bottom so your experience is likely to differ.
Yea I'll likely end up getting the mid ground pygmies. would like a ground dweller though. any suggestions?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I’m not really sure. Hopefully someone else can offer some suggestions on that front. The Pygmy’s do spend some time close to the bottom so there would still be activity there if you don’t stock an obligate bottom dweller. I’m biased but you will fall in love with them. I can’t help but be happy when I watch them going about their tiny catfish business.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts