The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Planted Tank Members

Pleased to meet you, I've some questions about the strange behavior of my ember tetra. I've found out there is one of my tetras that almost chilling at the corner of my aquarium (left side behind the plant, I have 6 tetras and it is on the back of my most left tetras) every time I catch my eyes on the aquarium. There is no sign of illness. Is it normal that the tetra being alone in the corner?

Thank you

Ps: 3 tetras on the right side, near the thermometer, 1 on the center-left, and 2 on the left side (one behind the plant).

Attachments

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
If it's the same fish hiding every time, it could be stressed from several various things, or could be just skittish, or both. Give it some time to get used to things and see what happens.

Unfortunately for the aquaria hobby, tetra are like pawns in many cases and sometimes survival of the fittest plays out.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
My embers regularly spawn (have new fry every few months, started with 12 now have over 15) in my tank and I always have 1-2 that don't school with the others and sit on the opposite side of the tank. Not sure why, but they are healthy and seemingly happy.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My embers regularly spawn (have new fry every few months, started with 12 now have over 15) in my tank and I always have 1-2 that don't school with the others and sit on the opposite side of the tank. Not sure why, but they are healthy and seemingly happy.
This could be the cause. A male claiming a spot in your tank for spawning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.