The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Black ruby barb's are mostly black with a little red in the tail.
Note..in fish tank's at store,,they may look just like tiger barb's but once settled in your/my tank and enough males/females,,they look cool (black).

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Some of the lake Victoria cichlids have solid black males. Most of the males of genus Elassoma (the pygmy sunfish) have black and blue males. Zoonogeticus tequila, a goodeid, has dark grey (if not black) males with a yellow tail.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Some of the lake Victoria cichlids have solid black males. Most of the males of genus Elassoma (the pygmy sunfish) have black and blue males. Zoonogeticus tequila, a goodeid, has dark grey (if not black) males with a yellow tail.
I have a mostly black with some very dark blue cichlid hapse , painted the back wall of my tank black looks good with white sand , but now its hard to see the fish he blends in so well and he's 4 plus inches.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Diana it is 125 gallons. Right now it has the white skirts, I wanna say 6 of them. 20 neons, an albino rainbow shark and I put 10 tiger barbs in it today.

I do like Angelfish but the addition of the Tiger Barbs pretty much rules them out, so the search continues.

***I know the neons and barbs may be a problem in the future. (The barbs are smaller than the neons right now) I can move the neons.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.