The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I haven't posted much to this forum, but I need some experienced help. I need to set up a pressurized CO2 system for my tank but need some advice on if it is a good idea to use an inline solenoid valve. Here is an example of one that I would use: [Ebay Link Removed] Now, this is an example, I probably won't buy the cheapest one, but am looking for alternatives towards spending $500 on a bigger system.

I have had problems before with the tubing line rupturing or cracking. I am deeply concerned whether the line will burst from the pressure that builds up from between the regulator and the solenoid. Maybe with a heavy-duty line, it won't.... :| Is this a viable alternative? Using my older 88g disposable cartridge with regulator and solenoid seems like it's a good start.

Btw, my aquarium is a 32 gallon with moderate plants. I just purchased some more plants and would like to upgrade my CO2 system.

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
hi, FlexFanatic
The link is removed. you may just post the item number. do you mean an inline solenoid after the metering valve? if you use co2 proof tubing, that should be fine. why do you want to use an inline solenoid? It's better to use fittings to build the system if you plan to DIY.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.