The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My clippard solenoid has failed (leaking rom the seam), and I need a work around until I can order a replacement. What should/can I do in the mean time to provide CO2 to my aquarium. I have gone through 2 CO2 tanks in the past week so I can't keep running it as is until the parts come in. Any advice?
I feel confident that I can take things apart myself and put it back together, I just don't know what to do.
As for a replacement, I am looking at either the Clippard Mouse or the Burkert 6011. Any thoughts on that?
Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
Take the solenoid off. I'd get the 6011.
+1, you only need the solenoid if you can get the 6011, the connection ports are the same as your old clippard.

If you want the clippard mouse solenoid, there will be extra fittings needed, and a modification on the manifold is required, so you can attach the needle valve to the manifold.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
+1, you only need the solenoid if you can get the 6011, the connection ports are the same as your old clippard.
You mean that I won't need to get the LED cable plug also, that the plug from the Clippard will work. I have read the following links and thought that I would need to buy the Solenoid and the cable plug.
http://www.barrreport.com/showthread.php/7783-How-to-wire-a-Burkert-type-6011-solenoid
and
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/e...ng-clippard-solenoid-burkert-replacement.html

Thanks again for you help

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
You can buy the solenoid from burkert's website and it comes with a cable plug. It will look like a box, like on the clippard, not like it does in those pictures^^. Or you can get it from AP.com and it comes assembled.

And no, he means that the inlet/outlet threads on the actual solenoid are the same as the clippard. 1/8 NPT female. You should use the cable box that goes with the solenoid. Don't mix n' match.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And no, he means that the inlet/outlet threads on the actual solenoid are the same as the clippard. 1/8 NPT female. You should use the cable box that goes with the solenoid. Don't mix n' match.
I realized right after I had posted that he was talking about the treads on the solemoid and not the plug. Now I feel dumb! But when it comes to all of this maybe I am fairly dumb!:confused1:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.