The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on getting the Tunze 7077/3 regulator. Can anyone recommend a solenoid that will work with this unit? Thanks

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Any solenoid would work, I would recommend the Clippard mouse, because you can put it in-line, and not have to worry about any pipe fittings. I only carry the manifold version, which could easily be put in-line, but it cost about $5 more. It's still the cheapest option you have. Pm me for more details.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to Tunze not any solenoid will work. If I understood correctly it can only be installed inline and not attached to the regulator itself.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
So nobody here is using a soleniod on a timer?
what solenoid do you want? there are many brands available.

please do some research before asking question, and you will have better ideas about what you really want to know/ask.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
clippard
smc
burkert
numatics/asco
mac
parker hannifin/Honeywell/Paul/
Kip
and many others.

they all make the solenoids that are good for our use, but you need to know which are the right models for our application.

2 way/ports normal close, or 3 way/ports solenoids are OK(5 way ok too, but you need to know what port to connect).
working pressure(range), power consumption(wattage), power input, connection port type are the major factors to decide a right solenoid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts