The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of theses metal pieces on the solenoid adapter was messed up it looked like it wasnt filed properly or something and would not connect. It broke off after I tried to clear it out where can I buy another one of these and what is it called? or where can I get a new adapter. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Did the piece on the adapter break? As in the small metal tab that sticks out of the adapter? Or did the endpiece in the picture break off?

Assuming you are talking about the piece in the picture, that is a female quick disconnect terminal. They come in varying sizes, most likely you will want one for wire size 22-18 AWG (wire gauge).

You can buy them at any Home Depot, Lowe's, local mom-and-pop hardware store, Radio Shack, etc.

To use, you insert the wire (after you have stripped the shielding from it) into the small opening at the base of the terminal. You then crimp the lower half of the terminal to secure the wire in place. You're done. Gently press the new adapter onto the male ends protruding from the solenoid.

·
Super Moderator
12,118 Posts
Ya the end piece in the picture is what broke off. I just wasn't sure what that piece was called and couldn't find it looking online. Thanks
Look for a "blade connector" or something like "female spade connector" (I have seen it under both names).

You can get the kind that has the plastic insulation wrapping for a little more, or just the normal non-insulated kind (obviously you will need to insulate it with something i.e. heat shrink tubing, etc).

You will also need a crimper to crimp wire to the disconnect.

As ProndFarms mentioned, be sure to get the correct sized blade connector for your solenoid's DIN prongs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.