The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You are already a masochist if you've read this far.

I should pay you to take the following, but if you paypal me $4.50 it is all yours, priority shipped.

I'm 'downsizing' my 20g to less demanding plants. You can have all of the needy ones from my harem. Not for the faint of heart.

Some Rotala Macandra. She is too 'high maintenance' for me; always making me guess that her needs are being met.
Some Blyxa Japonica. She is too finicky for me; you do everything right, and she still isn't happy.
Some Rotala Wallachii. She is like furniture; looks pretty, but doesn't do anything except collect dust (algae). This may be a fossil. It hasn't grown, despite decent water parameters for a month.
Some Ammania gracilis. We never quite understood eachother's needs, and I've given up on the relationship.

I'll be sure to include a little bit of duckweed, BBA, and hair algae for good measure so that you will forever be cursing me to eternal hellfire and damnation.

This totals a sandwich bag full. I've somewhat exagerated things for dramatic effect. That said, Caveat Emptor.

~ joel

·
Registered
464 Posts
I hope whoever sent me my duckweed has to spend eternity picking it out of their teeth.
I can't seem to make duckweed grow. It just floats, unchanged... Trying to grow it for my goldies. It doesn't like anything I do.

·
Registered
135 Posts
no thanks i've master the art of duckweed and my tank isnt set for the other demon flora. If anyone needs some duckweed letme know i've got two tanks covered with it...i use it for a treat for my tilapia group (just ugly niles).

Also keeps my baby wolf fish calm :p.

I've never understood the problem with duckweed its got os many uses...hell it wont even grow in my planted tank for some retarded reason i cant figure out yet.

Sorry for the highjack but dang i needed a laugh today thanks for the post :p

jason

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
mac, I admire what you are trying to do.
I usually just keep failing plants till I kill them.
occasionally, I get a pleasant surprise.
for example, Rotala Macandra died on me
no matter what I did to please it, while
Juncus Repens didn't grow for 2 Months,
(very similar to your Blyxa Japonica)
then suddenly acclimated to my tank and
is now doing great. so you never know...

·
Registered
803 Posts
What the hell, I'll take it. I have an empty tank so I can keep this "'speriment" all by itself. Plus I've got some new lights that came in the mail today and an adventurous nature. The worst thing that will happen is I'll get an education on how to deal with BBA, huh? Let me know where to send the $4.50, Joel.

Am I supposed to say "Thanks" now? ;)

·
Registered
453 Posts
a dandelion is a wildflower. however is cursed as a weed. bba is an algae. however is cursed as a problem. i use all forms of aglae in my classroom (7th grade science) as an example. send me your problems so that I can educate.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Checked the mail yesterday ~ no package. *relieved sigh* One more day's reprieve. No such hopes for today as I approached the post office with much trepidation.

The demon flora now float silently in their container on the kitchen counter mere steps from me ... awaiting their new home, whispering fevered plans to each other ... tonight sleep may not come easy for me...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.