The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. so I just received my new 36 inch Solarmax T5 he light and it barely fits the rim of my tank. I don't use a glass lid for my tank so there is a real possibility of it actually falling into my tank, which would suck. It literally has about 1mm on each side that fits on the rim.

My question is, has anyone experienced a similar problem with this brand of lighting and if so what have they come up with to solve it? Tomorrow I plan to go through all the spare parts/tools in my apartment to try to fix this problem. If I come up with a solution, I'll post it so other people with this same problem can have a reference.

Thanks for the input in advance.

·
Registered
711 Posts
not for this particular brand, but for any fixture shorter than the tank: use eggcrate strips (about 2 to 4 squares) running from front to back on one or both sides of the tank. have them sitting on the inside rim of your tank, flush in the corners. make sure you have the thick side of eggcrate facing the light; narrower side facing the water.

·
Registered
711 Posts
here is a top view of the tank. eggcrate strips are on each side of the tank, going front to back. lay your shorter-than-tank-length fixture on the eggcrate. you can use only one strip, but with both you can center the light.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.