The Planted Tank Forum banner

So Petco is buying Drs Foster & Smith . .

2914 29
Petco announced that they are buying Drs Foster & Smith.
What are your opinions on this? I wonder what is going to happen with Live Aquaria.

Anyone?
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Noooooo! Dr. Foster and Smith always has the best deals on aquarium equipment and I see that they tend to only carry quality products and no aquarium products that will make you rip your hair out.
I hope Petco doesn't change this.

·
Registered
251 Posts
And I had just made the decision to give most all of my aquarium business to Dr. Foster and Smith due to:
-Lowest cut-off for free shipping
-Their warehouse is in Wisconsin, which is very close to Minnesota
-Cheapest prices

·
Registered
103 Posts
Petco announced that they are buying Drs Foster & Smith.
What are your opinions on this? I wonder what is going to happen with Live Aquaria.

Anyone?
Ugghhh, they are the worst company ever. They know NOTHING about anything. :(

·
Registered
744 Posts
There over priced anyway Kens Aquarium has much better prices and shipping Petco buying foster & smith not so good if they run it like the stores it won't be much worth giving business too in my opinion
And I am sure I'll catch s#%^ over saying that

·
Registered
520 Posts
There over priced anyway Kens Aquarium has much better prices and shipping Petco buying foster & smith not so good if they run it like the stores it won't be much worth giving business too in my opinion
I agree with you never tried kens aquarium ill look in to it luckily for me i know the local people at my petco so its pretty nice and stocked plus they can special order for me if i am looking for something ps its the titusville fl one

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I haven't heard of Kens either. I'll check them out too

My local petco is a bit more pricy, so just another reason not to buy from them

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I haven't bought anything but cheap tanks at Petco.................ever.

Ken's, Petsolutions, Jehmco in that order for me. Covers all the bases, never a service problem, and DFS can't beat their prices. I just ordered 22 pounds of frozen food from Jehmco for $116, and UPS ground service came overnight. Petco's never gonna put a dent in that, though my wife may threaten to dent me when she sees it all in the freezer this morning.

The old-timers know that the Liveaquaria side of DFS used be Flying Fish Express and Etropicals. They bought both of them and dumbed them down in the process. So if you think Liveaquaria is good, you missed it when they were incredible. This makes the Drs.' investment pay off. This will only make them awful.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I think pet co and petsmart are the scourge of the pet industry. They set up shop and run the local shops out leavening us with a pet store that carry's hardly any fish but the most hardy. A lot of the people working in the stores have no clue about the hobby and would be the worst for advise. This can't be good and if the corporations wants more profit prices will be going up.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.