The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tonight I found an Oceanic BioCube 29 tossed out to the curb while driving. With the stand. Looks like there's nothing wrong with it.... except for there's no top to it lol I also found another strange looking tank... It was a tank that measures 12x12x12. I'm not really entirely sure if it was an aquarium or just terrarium. It looks like it holds water though.

I was thinking of trying to tinker with it see if I can either do anything with it or sell it on craigslist. I'm not really sure if you can replace the top or not. And I saw no cables or anything like that and I'm pretty sure the filtration system is built in so how would that work without the top...? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
I had one of those several years ago, and the little pump didn't work at all. I ended up removing the pump from a small, in tank filter, and installed that in place of the regular pump. It was a challenge to make it fit right, but it worked very well when I got done. I suggest visiting your local aquarium supplies store, even Petco, and looking for the smallest filter similar to https://www.bigalspets.com/dive-clean-mini-internal-filter.html Then you need to disassemble it to get the pump out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts