The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added these braches to another tank for a week and nothing bad happened... my fish even bred while they were in there so I took that as they were safe for my other tank... so here it is ... Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated... I love to hear what anyone has to say ...
Thanks

Full tank shot.

The right end looking through...

Open space... What to put here...?(in the front)

Placment in the room.

Thanks guys and gals for looking...
Remember all your feed back helps!
_ferrari

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
looks good...the placement is nice...I am a bit concerned about the stocks though. I see nodes on them , like they are of the type that will rot in your tank. Where did you get them. What tree are they from?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Cool looking, unique tank. I like how the sticks have little "buds."

I think dwarf sag would look great as a foreground. Also maybe more stem plants for the background. Needs more plant mass unless you already like the look of your tank at the moment.

What flora/fauna are in the tank? What are the specs of the tank?

Ninja'd!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha I am pretty positive they have already started to rot... they are aspen branches from a pile of trees we cut down last year... I have acess to an oak tree that I could go break branches off but then I would have to dry them...I don't really like the look of the tank.. I think it needs way more plants... dwarft sag would be good... this is the only stem I can find around here and I don't even know for sure what it is... Here is my link to the tank's page with flora/fauna listed there... I am fairly content with the placement I am thinking of pushing my bed into the corner to the left of the tank so I can see it from bed.

Thanks for the feedback guys...

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Looks good, but with a name like ferrari kid you have a porsche poster? that mystery plant or whatever looks like ludwigia ovalis.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah haha I have had that porche picture since probably 2nd grade... I oughta update that huh...?!

Thanks for the ID on the plant... I have easy acess to that and it seems to be doing good, it has grown a ton since I got it about a week ago...

What would you guys recomend for a mid&fore ground plant...? I origanallt wanted to do ricca on slate but my online buying is pretty limited since I am only 16...:angryfire

Oh and I just noticed I forgot the link to the tank profile... so here is that
http://www.plantedtank.net/tankprofiles/405/

If anyone has stems, mid/forground plants for sale at a reasonable price Let me know!!!

Thanks for the feedback...

·
Registered
664 Posts
The tank looks good! I was also worried about the branches. ;)

You are going to be pretty limited with only 2wpg of NO fluoro light. I'd give Dwarf sag a try for the foreground. That usually grows for me in all kinds of light (low and medium).

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I'm 16, but i have bought all kinds of live stuff from the net. It's easy. if no one in your family has a paypal they'll let you use, then send a money order if the seller will accept it.

Foreground is Extremely limited with that lighting. I would suggest an upgrade.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I set up my own paypal... but how do I get money into the accout and stuff... I don't have a bank acount yet... as soon as I get one I can buy stuff...

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
you have to have a bank account or credit card.
I think either a relative's paypal or money order is the best way until you get one of the above.

·
Registered
612 Posts
looks good...the placement is nice...I am a bit concerned about the sticks though. I see nodes on them , like they are of the type that will rot in your tank.
I am not feeling the sticks.
Lose the sticks, get more plants, looks like you have a lot of background plants, a midground and foreground would make it look much better
The tank looks good! I was also worried about the branches. ;)

Oh thank goodness, you guys said this. I saw the post right after it was posted but didn't have the heart to say I really didn't like them. (I'm 23 and I still believe in that "IF you can't say anything nice...blahblahblah")

Ditch the branches and add a few more plants. It really does have the potential to be an amazing tank. It's still beautiful though!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
i think if you take out the branches on the left, but leave the one on the right side, it will look awesome. it's just a bit un-natural looking with too many of them creating all kinds of diagonals, you know?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
^that's the problem i always have had with sticks. if there are too many diagonals, then it kinda looks weird.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK I am off to (dont me mad at me for saying this... PetCo to look for a few more plants... Then I will come home and fix it all up... I will try to leave the one on the right and see how it looks and update pictures...
Thanks...

Guppy... dont be scared to say anything It doesn't hurt my feelings it helps me .

1 - 20 of 79 Posts