The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after sitting for a while I started up the tank again. Figured I'd take pics week by week to see progress/ changes. Though it would be neat. I like aquascapes. But unless I have an overflow box and it's perfect I'd never be happy haha. I also like natural filled in tanks with a lot of fish. And considering I had about 30 fish sitting at my brothers place in his breeders, I decided to give them a home again.

So for now, I'm just trying to fill in plants. See what I like and pick and prune and add and remove till I'm happy.

Week 1

The rocks are from lake St John. Almost looked like logs. Thought it looked sorta natural lol.

Week 2

Starter plants

Week 3

Bit of an algea bloom, Bba, gha, because I was only lightly ferting and letting it cycle. Wasn't testing at all

Week 4

After testing ferts and figuring out my EI schedule. And a bit of pruning ect. Also getting rid of melting algea

Week 5

After being pretty strict in my ferts and cut out most of the melting algea left in the tank. Cut out the thick stems I got from a member and planted the new tank sprouts.

Sent with my GS3 on Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll throw some close ups and maybe you guys can help me out with the ones I don't know. But time for work so I'll have to reply later lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Limnophila Aromatica
Dwarf Sag
Dwarf chain swords
Anubas nana

And these I can't remember

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does 4 t5s on about 10 hours a day sound like too much for this tank Atm?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Flourite red and black. With sand down deep. About 1inch of sand and 2ish of Flourite.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Week 7
Starting to grow in. Will prune exactly how I want once it's grown in fully. No more algea, just some gha on the substrate. Can't get rid of it. Though it's easy to remove manually.
Obviously adopted 4 discus, 1 excellent, 1 good, 2 poor. They were giving to my brother who now is going saltwater. So I adopted them for now.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Week 8

I'm actually going to make some room for some red plants bow that everything has grown in! Let the fun begin. About to add 20 galaxy danios as well.

·
Registered
137 Posts
It is beautiful! Great job and it is so peaceful to look at. I am partial to the heavily planted tank.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks :). It is a red tiger lotus. They look great. I'm planning on remove a few plants to put red ones in. Just gotta find the ones I like. ;D
It's really peaceful, not much aggression between anyone, just the 2 male pearl gouramis lol. They don't understand monogamy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So just posting an update.
Tanks been perfect since my last post. I added cpd's. About 20. And to my surprise they were trying to breed like crazy so I started a second tank to breed them. Natural breeding habitat style. I'll post a pic next post.
But after w 2eeks I have babies! About 30! . B e a u t i f u l.
Babies proof

Before minor scape.

After

Just a nice pic.

For fun, my female f2 Bengal cat! Haha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts