The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always wondered how it looks when shrimp jump out of the water. Today I was trying to take a picture of some shrimp who like to act like submarines by standing on my redrootfloaters with their heads out of the water. As I was doing that one of my shrimps got too close to the outlets and it jumped out across the tank. :icon_eek:. It freaked me out to say the least and I hope I don't see that again :tongue:

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
I've always wondered how it looks when shrimp jump out of the water. Today I was trying to take a picture of some shrimp who like to act like submarines by standing on my redrootfloaters with their heads out of the water. As I was doing that one of my shrimps got too close to the outlets and it jumped out across the tank. :icon_eek:. It freaked me out to say the least and I hope I don't see that again :tongue:
Are these amanos? Or what kind of shrimp was it? Did it also jump out or just across the top of the tank?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
That just shows how neat arthropods are. In comparison to body size, they can jump farther than we can.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Jumping out of the water and having their heads sticking out isn't usually a good sign. What kind of shrimp are these?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These are crs. They sometimes like to graze on whatever is on the red root floaters. They don't usually jump out but this one must have freaked out near the outlet. It actually jumped out of the water but didn't go out of the tank. Probably guess 2-3inch above water and maybe 8inch across. Just a guess since it happened in a blink of an eye. I just happened to be right next to it and looking at the right spot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts