The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i'll be feeding my eel (when i get him) white shrimp, frozen shrimp, brine shrimp (if he will eat the adults), fish meat, and crab meat.

i saw tons of videos online of people feeding theres live fish. there are really cheap feeder guppies at my fav lfs, and i was wanting others opinions on feeding live fish to other fish.

there gonna die from a fish/tank suffering (probably overstocks) anyway right?

is it cruel? there gonna die anyway from a fish, so would it be bad to feed them live fish?

i am an animal person, and when i bought my bearded dragon baby crickets, they were so small and cute i kept them as pets. (good little pets). so would it be mean to feed live guppies to a snowflake eel? i also saw people feed comets and rosies, but someone said they are high in protien and fat.

i just want others opinions. and i want someone to tell me if i am right when i said "there gonna die from a fish anyway, right?". :icon_neut

just need opinions, i want my eel to be happy and healthy, but i have trouble killing animals. i have no trouble feeding big crickets to my beardy though, they woke me up every night with there noises, so i picked up each one and set my beardy right in front of them. hehe.

·
Registered
786 Posts
i would be more concerned about all the disease that the feeders carry. The shrimp etc you plan on feeding have lots of protein, so why risk it?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so i will the eel be happy with dead fish and shrimp? i'll probably feed him any casualties i have in my guppy tank. i don't want one of my guppies to die for no reason, so i might as well get something from it's body.

i froze my last clam that died because i knew i was coing into the saltwater area. so would frozen clam be safe? it was just my favorite clam, he was a freshwater flat clam, lived in a 10g, died of old, i mean OLD age. he was real big and old. i don't believe he died from any disease, so it should be safe, right?

i'm still gonna wait for other opinions on feeders. i know the lfs with the guppies won't have diseases, they treat there fish and stuff, they are a good lfs, real good to there fishies.

i just thought the eel would be even happier chasing live food like he did in the wild.

·
Banned
5,279 Posts
I have 4 small morays in my 50 gallon puffer tank. They only thing I put in that tank for food is 1: Thawed Krill 2: Ghost Shrimp (live 1 time a month ) 3: small feeder crabs that I cut in half. Again, 1-2 times a month.

The main food for both the puffers and the morays is frozen krill. They love it and are all very healthy.

Is this the Black & White Marine Snowflake or the the local shops try to pawn off as a "freshwater" moray. When in all reality they are a high brackish moray.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
234 Posts
feeders: they are diesed even if there treated with care. Plus feeders are very dirty to start. nowi work at the lps and we dose the feeder guppies upon arrival and care for them but there no way to gaurantee a feeder is healthy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts